Wednesday 14 September 2011

Part III- Carbon Market - Cebu City

As I mention at the end of Part I of my post we wandered around Cebu City until we stumbled upon Carbon Market. I think this might have been one of the highlights of our trip. It was so interesting to walk around and see the piles and piles of fresh fruits, vegetables, fish and the list goes on. While we stuck out like soar thumbs, it was nice that no one really bother us or tried to sale of us stuff. Here are some pictures from that area.





Produce






A man actually came up to me with his bucket of squid and fish. he wanted me to take a picture of them. That was pretty cool. I wish I would have taken a picture of him.






Old coconuts, yum!
Animals


Nuns have to eat too

People around the market


The boy in the left corner actually followed us around for a while. He kept looking at Will. It was really cute.


People relaxing in the heat



3 comments:

Robbie said...

I bet Filipino Coke was delicious. In my limited experience, Coke is amazing in third world countries.

Nicole Woods Campbell Simkin said...

probably because they use real sugar!

Anonymous said...

Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate begging in carbon market