Monday 16 August 2010

Drink Machines!

I decided to write a blog about drink vending machines! Exciting, I know!
Well, drink machines aren't too much different in Japan, but they are everywhere in this town. They are just on corners in residential neighborhoods, everywhere. Also, in the summer drinks are cold and in the winter drinks are warm. I think this applies only to certain machines. Some machines talk to you after you have made a purchase.
This machine talks to you. I am not sure what it says....perhaps "thanks have a nice day, enjoy your beverage!" I'll let you know when I learn Japanese!

As you can see the prices range from 100 yen all the way up to 150 yen, this about $1.00 - $1.50. Not to much different than prices in the states, although I don't think you can get drinks for a dollar! The nice red stickers that say 100 yen are for drinks on sale. Every week there are drinks that are on special, oh yeah!
Here's Will trying to count the money. I think he got it!
Will is now inserting the coins. He bought the white can of cafe au lait. It's not very good, but he likes it

This drink machine is literally right next to our building. I had not had a coke in a long time, so I decided to get a can. It cost 120 yen, you can also get the bottle for 150 yen. There is caffeine free coke (what's the point?) and coke zero. No diet...which is good, because i was addicted to this stuff.

My favorite drinks so far are Royal Milk Tea and Vitamin CC Soda. We have tried a melon-flavored soda that was not too great.  There is a lot of iced coffee and green tea.

This is one of the flash cards that we use at school. For some reason Will thinks it is very funny and took a picture of it. I think using a spider to describe "scared" is highly appropriate considering how afraid of spiders that I am. I think if it were a picture of me, I'd have my mouth covered, don't want the spider to fall in!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Blog!!!! I am so excited to read about your and Will's adventures in Japan!

p.s. I thought the boy was trying to eat the spider... he doesn't look very scared

marywoods said...

The blog is awesome! Keep it up!
Also, I think I should come visit solely based on the drink machines on every corner!

Love you guys!

Robbie said...

Oh, now it lets me comment.

I think I had that melon soda at the Coke place in Las Vegas.

There. Done.

Nice Blog.

Hooray.